The Storytelling Connection:
Performance Ensemble Classes for students
For Grades 1-3
Contact for Info:
Join professional storyteller Eileen DeLorenzo and other kids your age in classes that will stretch your imagination and nurture your knack for engaging listeners. Together we will explore the power of storytelling has in creating images, making us laugh, creating community and teaching important lessons.
Storytelling skills will be taught through modeling, games and activities focusing on story structure, speaking and nonverbal skills.
At the end of our ten classes, troupe participants will be prepared to captivate their listeners as featured tellers of The Storytelling Connection Performance Ensemble.
Participants of The Storytelling Connection will:
- Build connections with children their age with similar interests
- Strengthen speaking and listening skills
- Develop awareness of the power of oral and non-verbal communication
- Broadening awareness and appreciation of multicultural similarities and differences
- Learn performance skills such stage presence, voice projection, teller listener dynamics
- Create images with language and gesture within the art of storytelling
- Perform their stories at many community venues