Photos, Comments and Appreciations from the 2013 Storytelling Connection Performance Community Event. Sponsored by the Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation.
Teaching Artist/Coach Eileen DeLorenzo
The Storytelling Connection Performance Ensemble shared their stories with about 45 Foster Grandparents at the Isabella County Commission On Aging 2013
What advice would you give to a new storyteller?
- Even if they are scared to tell their story to not be because everyone wants to hear it.
- Go for it! You will learn a lot about cultures,stories and how to make them sound interesting.
- What ever you do don’t be afraid of the audience (they don’t bite) and speak slow and loud.
- Use gesture.
- Once you learned a story keep practicing.
- Don’t give up.
- Fear is not a real thing.
- Talk loud and smile.
What did you like best about being a member of The Storytelling Connection?
- Listening to stories in class.
- Meeting other kids interested in storytelling.
- Having my story in my imagination.
- Learning how to tell stories.
- Performing my story.
- Performing my story in my classroom at school.
- Performing on stage at the Discovery Museum.
- Telling my story.